Hotel Accommodations and Transportation
The USKSF is pleased to announce that we will be providing special room rates at the tournament site. The hotel is currently in transition, so the best way to secure your hotel reservation is to call them at 410-785-7000. When you make your reservation, tell them you need the discounted rated for the Kuoshu Championship Tournament. The call in block rate is $135/night plus taxes and fees. Once the online system has been updated, a link will be posted here so you can secure your reservation online.
The USKSF provides a transportation service from BWI (and BWI only) to the Tournament Site at the Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Grand Hotel for a nominal fee of $10/person (Late transportation requests made after Saturday, July 1, 2017 will be charged $30/person. Transportation requests will not be accepted after Tuesday, July 25, 2017.). Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) is about 25 miles from the Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Grand Hotel. Transportation will be provided by a bus service or by volunteers. Bus pickups are available based on the tentative schedule posted below. Other than the scheduled bus pickups listed below, Transportation Requests are NOT guaranteed to be granted, and you may be required to provide your own transportation to and from the Airport. Certain pickups will be made by our volunteer staff. If you are being picked up by a volunteer, we will contact you via email to let you know. You will receive an email explaining that you are being picked up by a volunteer no later than 11:00 pm EST on Wednesday, 7/26/2017. If you do not provide your email address (faxed your travel info without providing an email address), we will not be able to contact you.
Transportation Requests can be made within the online registration software. Your itinerary should include the number of people traveling in your group, the date you arrive and depart, time of your flight, Airline, and Flight Number. The transportation fee is $10/person. All transportation requests are due by 11:00 pm EST on Saturday, July 1, 2017. Late registrations made after this time will be charged $30/person. The purpose of setting this date is to allow time for scheduling pickups, so please remember to submit Transportation Requests early! Pickup times are based on requests received and are designed to minimize wait time while maximizing the number of people using the service. Please provide your travel itinerary even if you know that pickup is being made that will serve you. Any questions regarding transportation can be directed to email@example.com
Bus service to the Tournament Site (Prior to the Tournament):
When you arrive, proceed to the baggage claim area and get your bags. Signs in the baggage claim area will direct you to the hospitality counter and the door where the pickups are made. Review the scheduled pickup times to see which time suits your needs. The bus is not aware of specific people to be picked up, so be ready to go, or you may miss the bus. If there is a while until the next scheduled pickup just relax and get something to eat/drink until the next shuttle departs.
Bus Schedule for Thursday, July 27, 2017 from BWI Airport to Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Departing BWI Airport at 5:45pm
- Departing BWI Airport at 9:45pm
Bus Schedule for Friday, July 28, 2017 from BWI Airport to Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Grand Hotel
- Departing BWI Airport at 1:30pm
- Departing BWI Airport at 3:45pm
- Departing BWI Airport at 6pm
Bus service to BWI Airport (After the Tournament):
All trips to BWI Airport will depart from the Hunt Valley Inn. If you are in another hotel, you are responsible for your own transportation to the Hunt Valley Inn. You are responsible for using the transportation service at a time that will get you to the airport with sufficient time to check in and clear airport security. Times for arrival vary by airline, but you should plan to arrive 1.5 to 2 hours before your flight. TRAVEL TIME FROM THE HUNT VALLEY INN TO THE AIRPORT IS APPROXIMATELY 1 HOUR, AND MAY BE MORE IN RUSH HOUR.
Bus Schedule for Monday, July 31, 2017 from Hunt Valley Inn Wyndham Grand Hotel to BWI Airport
- Departing Hunt Valley Inn at 5:00am
- Departing Hunt Valley Inn at 7:15am
- Departing Hunt Valley Inn at 10:00am
Other options for transportation:
- Light Rail service is available within the airport that will deliver you to the Hunt Valley Stop. We will not pick you up from the Light Rail Stop. The Hotel is approximately a 5-minute walk from the Hunt Valley Light Rail Stop. Due to the many stops on the line, the approximate travel time from BWI to the Hunt Valley Stop is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- You have the right/option to secure your own transportation by taxi. The USKSF will not reimburse you for travel arrangements made on your own. Approximate cost $65 (one way)
- Commercial shuttle services (not associated with the USKSF shuttle system) are also available at the airport, cost unknown. The USKSF will not reimburse you for travel arrangements made on your own.
- Some tournament participants have used Uber and Lyft as affordable alternatives to taxi. The USKSF will not reimburse you for travel arrangements made via these services.