Rules & Criteria
- The individual should be a Kuo Shu promoter, exhibit expertise in Kung Fu techniques, be of high moral character and martial ethics, and set the standard for the next generation of students. He/She should promote a healthy body and harmony. The individual must also have contributed to martial arts by publishing articles in trade magazines, producing instructional videos, and/or assisted the next generations to promote Kuo Shu. This is recognition for a lifetime of achievement.
- The individual must be a member of the USKSF for a minimum of 5 years.
- Individuals must have all of the following:
- Teaching or training in Kuo Shu for 25 years or more (with a minimum of 15 years of training and 10 years of teaching)
- Exhibit martial ethics
- Promote Kuo Shu for health and harmony
- Be at least 50 years of age
- Individuals must have at least one of the following:
- Have represented the USKSF in world cup Kuo Shu championship tournaments or other significant Kuo Shu international tournaments (i.e. America’s Cup, European Cup, Asia Cup, etc.).
- Have achieved any one of the following:
- 1st place in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai at the World Cup Kuo Shu tournaments
- Two times in 2nd to 4th place in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai at the World Cup Kuo Shu tournaments
- Four times in top 4 places in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai at the World Cup Kuo Shu tournaments
- At least 1 gold and 1 silver in forms or weapons at the World Cup Kuo Shu tournaments
- 2 golds and 1 silver in forms or weapons at any International Kuo Shu tournament
- Eight times in top 4 places in forms or weapons at any International Kuo Shu tournament
- Have achieved any one of the following at National Kuo Shu tournaments:
- 2 golds in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai
- 6 times in first 4 places in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai
- 4 golds in forms or weapons
- 8 times in first 4 places in forms or weapons
- Two times as U.S. Kuo Shu Team coach
- Students won at least 1 gold in Kuo Shu Full Contact Lei Tai or 2 golds in forms or weapons or eight times in top 4 places
- Served for the USKSF for more than 10 years (president, vice-president, secretary general, advisors, regional directors, etc.)
- Sponsor 3 or more USKSF sanctioned Kuo Shu tournaments
- Qualified candidates must submit the application form with a nomination fee of $50.00, 4 photos of at least 2 X 2 inches, and references attached to the USKSF Headquarters before the deadline.
- The USKSF Headquarters will send copies of applications to the USKSF Kuo Shu Hall of Fame Committee (KHOFC) for a vote. After the vote, the KHOFC will submit the decisions to the USKSF Headquarters before the deadline.
- Any USKSF members can nominate qualified candidates before the deadline.
- Voting members of KHOFC must be active USKSF members. They are president, vice-presidents, secretary general, deputy secretary, all regional directors, advisors, and inductees of Kuo Shu Hall of Fame
- The KHOFC must not exceed 35 members.
- Each voting member can nominate at most 5 people each year.
- Successful inductees must have 2/3 of the votes.
- For each year, there will be at most 5 inductees.
Inductees into the Kuo Shu Hall of Fame will receive the following:
- A certificate from the President of the USKSF
- A USKSF Hall of Fame plaque
- His/Her name will be listed on the Kuo Shu Hall of Fame Board
- His/Her name will be listed on the USKSF website
- If it is discovered that an inductee of the KHOF submitted false proof or documents, he/she will be expelled by a 2/3 vote of the Kuo Shu Hall of Fame Committee (KHOFC).
- All rules and policies will be executed with the approval of the KHOFC.
- New rules and policies must be approved by a 2/3 vote of the KHOFC members present.
- The USKSF President retains veto power.